PARCEL # 5 Blackhawk Ranch $235,000 1,100+sq feet of History
- Historical home with modern upgrades just two miles west of I-25 off a year round county road on 35 acres! The historic church & school house from the New Rouse mining community of Rouse, Colorado offers 1,100+ square feet with a cozy living room, dining room/kitchen, bedroom and full bath.
- New Rouse Coal mine was originally opened from 1899 – 1922 then reopened during WWII and closed at the end of the war. At this time, Colorado Fuel and Iron Company took down all the buildings except the church and the county turned the red brick church into a school for the area children (K-12). Old foundations from another church & school are still in place on the property.
- Gentle parcel forested in Pinon and Juniper pines with large meadows and great views of the surrounding valley and mountains. Great property for hiking, horses, etc.
- Abundant wildlife and great diversity of bird species. Fantastic clear night skies.
- Super easy access to the nearby towns of Walsenburg, Trinidad and Pueblo. Only 1.5 hours to Colorado Springs and 2.5 hours from Denver. Great location to start a lifetime of Colorado vacations.
- The home comes turn key with electric, septic, wood burning stove, propane, forced air heat, central air conditioning, water well/cistern, separate shop/garage with power and 2 additional cisterns for rooftop water capture to use in the fenced garden area!
- This 35 acre property now in Blackhawk Ranch is offered at $235,000